Working From Home Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Glenholme
Aah, yes. That seems to be the most common effect as far as I can see--an affected sleep schedule. I edit journal articles and textbooks, and I get work assigned through out the day, so I have to be quick enough to accept or reject an assignment. Which means I do have to keep my phone and laptop by my bed at night, which doesn't really help. But that's ok since I still have a job and a steady income when many have lost theirs or are taking pay cuts. I'd def like some work-life balance though.

What do you do if I may ask? How has work-life balance been these past few months? Stay safe! :)

·
Super Moderator
17 Posts
I've been able to control my eating so much better being home every day. Lot's of people I work with say the opposite, that they are tempted to eat more being at home. Something else that has changed is laundry. I wear the same few things over and over and never really put clothing away. Wear it one day, wash it, dry it, and back on the body from the laundry basket. No folding or hanging or sorting. I also sleep in later, get up make coffee and start working right away, take a mid morning break to get washed up. I'm also working longer hours because, why not? If something needs to get done I just keep working beyond normal quitting time. I sometimes feel guilty about doing dishes or some other chore in the middle of the day, like I'm getting away with something.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts