Working From Home Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm working from home for the first time I've started jotting down some of the things I like and don't like about the experience so far.

Here's what I've got so far:

Pros:
  • I've been able to sleep more
  • I don't have to worry about my commute
  • I can work comfortably in sweatpants
  • It's quieter than my office
  • I can switch up where I want to work in my house
  • I can blast music without being judged
Cons:
  • I have more things to get me distracted
  • Stuck in the house all day
  • Communication with coworkers is trickier
  • Associating my home with work stress
I'm curious to see what other pros and cons people have about working from home. Please feel free to share them below.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since I'm working from home for the first time I've started jotting down some of the things I like and don't like about the experience so far.

Pros:
Cons:
I'm curious to see what other pros and cons people have about working from home. Please feel free to share them below.
I used all the money I saved from commuting to online shopping.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's starting to happen with me as well. Is it stuff you need or non necessities? because I've been having a bit of fun on eBay recently haha
A little but of both :D
I bought a bunch of touchless less hand soap refills.

Got some for my niece too because it's cute and would entertain her while she learns to stand still for 20 seconds.
I buy a lot from Amazon.co.jp. They charge a bit more but I noticed that their shipping is pretty fast even in these conditions (they use DHL).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mentally enlightened as get to see family more often.
Less tired as not commuting, hence able to spend quality time with family.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pros:

Coffee quality - can't beat my home brew
Breakfast quality - can't beat my home cooked b-fast
No cars - I can't stand driving so huge win
Messy desk - Nobody can see it so who cares
Cat loves it - and I love my cat
Get everyone using slack properly
Pajamas until noon

Cons:

No face to face, can get lonely
Online meetings have their challenges
Need to remember to take breaks, snack, etc.
Can't hop over to someone's desk to work something out real quick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pajamas until noon
Awesome list! Gave me a good chuckle!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pros:

Pajamas until noon

Cons:

No face to face, can get lonely
Online meetings have their challenges
Need to remember to take breaks, snack, etc.
Can't hop over to someone's desk to work something out real quick
Pajamas until noon slowly turns into pajamas all day for me lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally sleeping good again. Just seem to be going to bed when I would usually wake up. 6:00 AM, bedtime ! Up at 4 PM. Coffee (2X), check emails, make sure kids doing home work and/or help them (16 and 9 year old boys.) Out to the wood shop and putter for a little bit. Slowly doing some needed maintenance on my personal vehicles. Like they say, mechanics cars are the last to get fixed ! Was laid-off since March 20 because of lack of work, so perfect timing with this Covid-19 and CERB. Nice to actually have money in the bank ! Seems like we spend a lot more on food, since we don't price match or go to several stores at once. All in all seem to be ahead of the curve for now. Not even sure if I want to get back in the trade, so up and down anymore getting tired of an unstable work week. 20 hours one week, 45 the next. C'est la vie ! Hope you all staying safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a design technology A level student and I'm researching working at home and how I can improve it. I would really appreciated some input into the project, and have made a short survey:
Working From Home
If anyone could fill this in for me, I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Pros:
Cons:
Nice nice ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, guys!

New here. Been working from home for the past four months. It's had its ups and downs.

Like several of you've mentioned, I'm saving plenty of time, energy, and money since I don't have to commute.

I mostly work by the window, and since ppl are still mostly staying indoors, it's pleasant to be sitting there.

Sleep's been good and bad--some days I barely sleep four hours, other times I can get a goof nine hours.

I live by myself--this is a pro and a con. Sometimes when work gets really busy, I don't have time to do the dishes. So I only put pans and pots I really must wash. I wash my skillet only once a week, but I keep a clean kitchen guys--don't be disgusted. Haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, guys!

New here. Been working from home for the past four months. It's had its ups and downs.

Like several of you've mentioned, I'm saving plenty of time, energy, and money since I don't have to commute.

I mostly work by the window, and since ppl are still mostly staying indoors, it's pleasant to be sitting there.

Sleep's been good and bad--some days I barely sleep four hours, other times I can get a goof nine hours.

I live by myself--this is a pro and a con. Sometimes when work gets really busy, I don't have time to do the dishes. So I only put pans and pots I really must wash. I wash my skillet only once a week, but I keep a clean kitchen guys--don't be disgusted. Haha.
Welcome to the forum @ranner. My sleep schedule has been all over the place since working from home. Some days I feel like I can stay up as long as I want or sleep in a bit since my laptop is right by my bed. What kind of work do you do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts